Hazard Communication (HAZCOM)
This course is designed to provide construction, general industry, and office personnel with an understanding of the requirements of OSHA’s HAZCOM Standard. OSHA mandates this training so employees will be able to learn how to read Safety Data Sheets (SDS) and labeling systems, understand various chemical hazards, and how to protect themselves using the proper personal protective equipment.
- Employer responsibilities under the Multi-Employer Worksite Policy
- OSHA requirements concerning hazardous materials
- The requirements of the employer’s written Hazard Communication Program
- How to read and understand Safety Data Sheets and other labeling systems
- Understanding the possible hazards of chemicals in the workplace
Who Should Attend:
Hazard Communication training is mandated by OSHA. All employees must attend HAZCOM training.
OSHA 29 CFR 1910.1200
Massachusetts, Rhode Island