Updated January 10, 2022
If you are a Construction Safety Professional looking to grow your career then you owe it to yourself to read on.
United Alliance Services (UAS) is currently looking for Construction Safety Consultants to join our fast growth Boston and New England territory. Our fast growth organization affords the best in resources, and employee recognition while putting occupational health and safety within the construction industry first. Gain the respect and recognition you deserve within the entirety of our company. This is a great opportunity to join a company on the rise, looking for future leaders within our organization. Currently we are growing sales, and looking for several construction safety professionals to come in and make an impact on our current and future long term construction contracts in the Boston area.
This role will be responsible for helping to build sustainable construction clients with “best practices” and to assist clients in developing “world-class” safety standards. Ideally we would like to identify a degreed safety professional with experience working in a consulting or leadership role. Experience working with developing an effective construction health and safety program is a must; each consultant is responsible for forming their own effective project safety program to be used as the organization continues to grow. Every consultant’s role leads in the growth and development of UAS and in our ability to build a sustainable safety culture for our staff, clients and all that are involved.
If this is you or someone you know, give us a call today! 877-399-1698
Full Time AND Part Time Construction Safety Consultant
Consultant will proactively oversee construction health and safety efforts on projects to ensure they are constructed according to the Client’s requirements. Manage operational safety and regulatory requirements for the construction management staff and trades on the project and ensure the Client’s safety standards are met as defined in the project specific health and safety plans, specifications and accepted standards of the industry.
- Manage and direct the day to day functions and operations of the Construction Safety Program
- Serve as the primary point of contact with the Project Manager for all matters relating to the Safety Program
- Coordinate, schedule and direct the required safety training activities for the project
- Identify non-conforming work and provide recommendations for corrections or abatement of such non-conforming work
- Document the results of all health and safety inspections and accidents or near misses
- Prepare Daily Reports, as required by the contract, for distribution to the Project Manager and others as required
- Prepare other reports and correspondence relating to the administration of the Safety Program
- Analyze the performance of the construction operations and make recommendations for improvements
- 3+ years of safety management experience in the construction industry; at least 5 years of combined experience as a Safety Consultant, Safety Manager, Safety Superintendent or Safety Engineer.
- 4-year safety degree or technical degree preferred
- CSP, CHST, CHST or OHST preferred
- OSHA 500 or 501 Instructor preferred
- Experience on projects with Federal / State agencies preferred
- OSHA 30 hour required, OSHA 40 hour HAZWOPER preferred
- Completion/Certification of construction industry safety related training
- MS Office skills and general technology capabilities required
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
Performance of the required duties will require physical ability to climb permanent and temporary stairs, passenger use of construction personnel hoists, ability to climb ladders and negotiate work areas under construction. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Performing this job requires use of hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls, sit, talk and hear, stand, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. Employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds. While performing the duties of this job, the employee will work on-site at the construction work site where the employee is exposed to moving mechanical parts; high precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; outside weather conditions and risk of electrical shock. The noise in these work environments is usually moderate to very loud.
Please visit our careers page on United Safety Professionals to apply