This course is designed to familiarize workers with the history and nature of this potentially dangerous element. It will also alert participants to recognize the health effects from exposure, introduce them to various ways to reduce exposure, and select the best personal protective equipment. Participants will also review the Construction OSHA Silica standard changes that were implemented on September 23, 2017.
- Introduction to related OSHA standards
- Background, history, and use of silica
- Health Effects
- Identifying worker populations who are at risk of silica exposure
- Identify the tasks that create a silica exposure
- Methods to control exposure
- Personal Protective Equipment
- Written Exposure Control Plan
Who Should Attend:
This course is designed for employees who may be working near or with materials where silica is/may be present. All employees, especially construction workers and supervisors who are potentially exposed to these materials should take this course.
OSHA 29 CFR 1926.1153
OSHA 29 CFR 1910.1053