- This event has passed.
DOT/RCRA Hazardous Material Handling Awareness
December 5 @ 8:00 am - 5:00 pm UTC-4$499
Hazardous waste poses serious risks to the surrounding wildlife, environment, natural resources, drinking supplies, air quality, ecosystems, and life quality. To help reduce these risks, proper quality training, understanding, and compliance with these regulations is essential. This combined course allows “hazmat” handlers and transporters the necessary training to handle and transport hazardous materials in the safest manner possible.
- Defining Hazardous Materials
- Defining Generator and Co-Generator
- Understanding the Need for the Regulations
- Understanding the Improper Handling Risks
- Understanding Waste Accumulation, Including Waste Accumulation Sites and Satellite Accumulation Sites
- Understanding the Hazardous Materials Table, Classification, Packing Groups, and Naming of Materials
- Understanding the Proper Logging and Interpretation of Logs and Manifests
- Understanding the Responsibilities of Various Key Players
- Understanding Basic Toxicology and Terminology
- Understanding Placarding Requirements
- Understanding Exemptions and Special Permitting
- Understanding Why Proper Record Keeping and Reporting Requirements Is Essential
- Utilizing Proper Labeling Conventions and Markings
This course takes up to 8 hours to complete, depending on experience of audience.