HAZWOPER 8-Hour Annual Refresher
December 17 @ 8:00 am - 5:00 pm UTC-4$299
Anyone who has taken the 40-hour HAZWOPER course is required to maintain their certification by taking an 8-Hour annual refresher course.
This course satisfies this requirement. Students who successfully complete this course will receive a certificate of completion from UASC. Those employees who require Hazard Communication Training may join the class for the first 2-hours. The first 4-hours will satisfy requirements for FRO, and completion of the 8-hour course will satisfy requirements for HMT.
- Initial Hazard Communication Training (first 2-hours of course)
- Review and understanding the OSHA HAZWOPER Standard
- Hazardous materials chemistry
- Identify on site physical hazards
- Atmosphere testing
- Confined Space Awareness
- Basic and advanced toxicological terms and definitions
- Air Purifying Respirators
- Supplied Air Respirators
- The selection and limitations of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Spill response and spill prevention
- Site decontamination
- The role of the First Responder Awareness Level (FRA), First Responder Operations Level (FRO), Hazardous Material Technician (HMT), Hazardous Material Specialist (HMS), On Site Incident Commander (OSIC) Emergency response using the Incident Command System (ICS)
- Practice emergency response scenarios
- End of course exam
Who Should Attend:
Employees who require Hazard Communication training and all employees who need the mandatory 8-hour annual HAZWOPER refresher course.
OSHA 29CFR 1910.120