- This event has passed.
Steel Erection Safety Compliance (OSHA Subpart R)
September 25 @ 8:00 am - 12:00 pm UTC-4
In this 4 hour course, attendees will learn proper steel erection safety. Applicable OSHA standards (1926, Subpart R, including the current revisions) will be covered thoroughly. This course offers awareness on procedures that are required in the 1926 OSHA construction standard and is designed to assist contractors, engineers, architects, and other safety personnel in understanding and compliance with the current Subpart R Steel Erection Standard.
Topics include site layout, hoisting and rigging, structural steel assembly, column anchorage, fall protection and more. Visuals, reference materials, handouts and “hands-on” demonstrations will be utilized in this course when available (hands-on training will be included when training is conducted at an active construction project or when client provides resources needed for the hands-on portion of training).
In this OSHA Subpart R: Steel Erection safety course, we will discuss the importance of fall protection, controlled decking zones, starting steel erection, hoisting and rigging, crane safety and structural steel assembly.
- Subpart R – Steel Erection Final Rule
- Specific Controlling Contractor Duties 750(C)
- Site Layout, Erection Plan and Construction Sequence 752
- Hoisting and Rigging753
- Structural Steel Assembly 754
- Column Anchorage 755
- Beams and Columns 756
- Systems Engineered Metal Buildings 758
- Falling Object Protection 759
- Approval To Begin Steel Erection 1926.752
- Working Under Loads 1926.753(D)
- Christmas-Treeing 1926.753(E)
- Shear Connectors 1926.754(C)
- Framed Metal Deck Openings 1926.754(E)(2)
- Double Connections 1926.756(C)
- Perimeter Columns 1926.756(E).
- Open Web Steel Joists 1926.757
- Fall Protection 1926.760
Training 1926.761 (Project Specific Training Requirements For Fall Hazards And Christmas-Treeing, Connecting, and CDZ Procedure)
Who Should Attend:
Attendees who should attend this course are those who are in any position of authority relating to any type of structural steel erection, including everyone from the crafts trade to project managers and construction company owners, and to any other onsite personnel.
OSHA 29 CFR 1926 Subpart R
Email us at email@example.com or call us at 877-399-1698.
ASK ABOUT OUR PRIVATE CLASSES FOR YOUR ORGANIZATION