Scaffold Safety Online TrainingPrice: $30.00Now: $20.00
This course is designed to address the use of supported scaffold systems under the OSHA construction industry regulation 29 CFR 1926 and general industry regulation 29 CFR 1910. Federal OSHA regulations require training for all employees prior to the use of any and all supported scaffolding systems.The course objective is focused on safe work procedures during the erection, use, and dismantling of supported scaffolds and provides each participant with the thorough understanding and knowledge necessary to perform work safely on scaffolding systems. Participants will learn how to identify existing and predictable scaffold hazards in work surroundings and conditions and will be able to identify hazardous and/or dangers to employees working on scaffold systems and how to take prompt corrective measures to eliminate the identified hazards. Course materials will be provided to all participants. Course completion certifications will be issued upon successfully complete the course. Topics Covered:
- Hazards related to scaffold erection and use, access, and egress.
- Design criteria, maximum intended load-carrying capacity, and intended use of different types of scaffold.
- Safeguarding scaffold systems against forces of wind and weather.
- Nature of electrical hazards, fall hazards, and falling object hazards.
- Correct procedures for erecting, maintaining, and disassembling fall protection systems and falling object protection systems.
- Correct procedures for erecting, disassembling, moving, operating, repairing, inspecting and maintaining specific types of scaffolds.
- Correct procedures for identifying and eliminating general area hazards.
- Correct procedures for inspecting, approving, and disapproving scaffold use.
- Training and re-training requirements for scaffold users.
- Other requirements of OSHA Subparts L and D.
Looking for a more in-depth course on scaffold safety? We also offer a Scaffolding for the Competent Person course.