EM 385 Fall Protection Course Overview
EM 385 1-1 Fall Protection
This course includes in-class lectures including PowerPoint and video and hands-on scenarios applying theory discussed to practical workplace situations. This Competent Person training is a pass/fail program incorporating both written and practical examinations and is based on the requirements of the federal regulations and local legislation that will be discussed and reinforced. Attendees will learn practical solutions to difficult fall protection problems using appropriate tools and equipment.
Course content complies with the requirements within OSHA 1926.32(f), 1926.500, 1910 ANSI/ASSE Z359.2 code. (EM 385-1-1, updated March 2015) (24-hours) standards. Additionally, this course will prepare participant with the knowledge and skills to perform the annual inspection and record keeping under these standards.
- Fundamentals of Fall Protection
- Hazard Analysis (Recognition of Hazards, Evaluation Criteria, Control Measures)
- Anchorage Requirements
- Energy Absorbing Lanyards
- Function and Purpose of Energy Absorbers
- Fall Protection Hardware Compatibility
- Work Positioning Systems
- Inspecting Fall Protection Systems
- Installing Fall Protection Systems
- Calculating Required Clearances
- Selecting Fall Protection System Components)
- Setting Up and Using Temporary Systems
- Fall Protection Plans and Fall Protection Procedures
- Detailed Inspection, Care, and Maintenance
- Specialty Fall Arrest Systems
- Troubleshooting Fall Restraint Systems and Fall Arrest Systems
- Rescue and Applications in Fall Protection (Fall Victim, First on the Scene, Self-Rescue and Assisted Self-Rescue)
- Fall Arrest and Restraint Systems
- Fall Protection Regulations (OSHA) and Fall Protection Standards (ANSI)
- Fall Protection and Fall Arrest Theory and Rescue Theory
- Hierarchy of Fall Protection
- Conventional Fall Protection (Guarding Systems)
- Standards and Regulations Affecting the Fall Protection Industry
- Recognizing and Identifying Fall Hazards
- Common Commercially Available Fall Arrest Systems
- Donning a Full Body Harness
- Self-Retracting Lifelines
- Vertical Lifelines
- Horizontal Lifelines
- Engineered Horizontal Lifelines
- Ladder Climbing Devices
Get A Free Quote Now
Our senior consultants and instructional staff are qualified and experienced in creating occupational safety and health management solutions.
United Alliance Services Corporation provides occupational safety and health management services throughout the Northeast. We help our clients achieve a safer work environment, which typically results in a healthier bottom-line profit. We believe that companies who properly manage and budget their worker’s safety and health, are positioned to operate more efficiently and and become more profitable.
United Alliance can help your company or organization develop, implement, and maintain a safety and health program that meets and exceeds OSHA safety requirements and in most cases is much more cost effective than managing the personnel and process internally.