- OSHA 29CFR 1926.650
- OSHA 29CFR 1926.651
- OSHA 29CFR 1926.652
Excavation Training For The Competent Person
It is suggested that students who attend this course have some knowledge of excavations. Participants will be introduced to OSHA requirements for the Competent Person. They will learn how to choose protective systems to avoid cave-ins, determine soil type, and identify existing and potential excavation hazards. Most importantly, students will learn what to do in case of a cave-in emergency.
- Identifying existing and potential excavation hazards
- How to identify soil types
- Requirements/selection of protective systems
- How to complete an excavation checklist
- Understanding the requirements of the OSHA Standard
- What to do in case of a cave-in emergency
- End of course exam
Who Should Attend:
Employees who will be assigned the duties of the excavation competent person and those who require an in-depth knowledge of the OSHA excavation standard.
Massachusetts, Rhode Island