Fire Safety And Prevention Management
The course material offered in this 8-hour program is similar to the 4-Hour Fire Protection and Awareness program with the added feature of discharging portable fire extinguishers. Training will include material addressing standpipe, foam, sprinkler, and other fire suppression systems. The course will be delivered at your site using your portable CO2 and/or water extinguishers. Training sessions can include fighting small controlled Class A fires at your site.
- The chemistry of fire
- Different classes of fire
- Emergency action plans
- Fire prevention and good housekeeping
- Electrical hazards
- Chemical Hazards
- Proper Storage of Compressed gas cylinders
- Understanding the hazards of flammables and combustibles
- Introduction to various types of fire suppression systems
- The proper use and inspection of portable fire extinguishers
- Discharge of portable fire extinguishers
- Optional: extinguishing controlled incipient stage fires with portable fire extinguishers.
Who Should Attend:
This course is designed for employees who work in construction, general industry, and office buildings. This course will also benefit employees responsible for fighting incipient stage fires in the workplace.
- OSHA 29CFR 1910 Subpart E
- OSHA 29CFR 1910 Subpart H
- OSHA 29CFR 1910 Subpart L
- OSHA 29CFR 1926 Subpart C
- OSHA 29CFR 1926 Subpart K
Massachusetts, Rhode Island