This 4-hour awareness course addresses the specific problems encountered when working on, over, or adjacent to water. It is designed to meet and exceed the industrial requirements of OSHA 1926.106. Our program provides the essential knowledge and awareness training to allow your employees to travel and perform their work in small groups on or near coastal waterways and in remote settings safely and effectively. This course is OSHA and ANSI compliant.
- Pre-planning operations on or near waterways
- Assess environmental conditions: wind, waves and weather
- Identify existing and predictable hazards of the marine environment and threats
- Familiarize the worker with safety and survival techniques and methods to reduce drowning and exposure
- Provide the knowledge and skill development to prevent capsizes or unplanned swims
- Familiarize workers with the use of personal protective equipment and in-water self rescue/survival swimming techniques
- Familiarize workers with any pre-positioned marine life-support equipment, its function and proper use