- This event has passed.
11/15/2019 @ 8:00 am - 12:00 pm UTC-4$199
Naturally occurring in nature, asbestos has been used in construction and industry throughout the years. This course is designed to familiarize workers with the history and properties of asbestos. It also alerts students to recognize the health effects of exposure and introduces them to the necessary engineering controls, work practices, and required personal protective equipment.
- Background, history, and use of asbestos
- Fibers groups, serpentine, and amphibole
- Personal Protective Equipment
- Health Effects
- Diseases associated with asbestos
- Introduction to related OSHA Standards
- Identifying worker populations that are at risk from asbestos exposure
- Identify tasks that create asbestos exposure
- Engineering and Work practice controls
- Respiratory protection hazard control measures
- Medical Surveillance
- Exposure Monitoring
Who Should Attend:
This course is designed for employees who may be working around asbestos. This course is not intended for asbestos removal. All employees, especially construction workers and supervisors who are potentially exposed to asbestos-containing materials will learn what is necessary to protect their health.
- OSHA 29 CFR 1910.1001,
- OSHA 29 CFR 1926.1101