New Year’s celebrations are exciting & fun, but it is important to stay safe. These actions can help save your life or someone else’s!
Responsibility – It is estimated that 10,000 lives are claimed each year from drunk driving crashes.
- If you will be drinking, plan on not driving. Plan an UBER/LYFT or find a designated driver ahead of time. Drive Sober or Get Pulled Over.
- If someone you know has been drinking, do not let that person get behind the wheel. Take their keys and arrange a sober ride home.
- Contact local law enforcement if you should see an impaired driver on the road
Winter Weather – be prepared for New England Winters!
See Something, Say Something
Report anything suspicious by dialing 9-1-1 or contact the local police department.
- Suspicious activity such as questioning security measures of buildings or operations beyond curiosity
- Unusual items or situations, unattended bags, or vehicles parked in odd locations
Fireworks are illegal in MA without a license. Leave the fireworks to the professionals. This includes sparklers!
Click here to find local firework displays where you can enjoy these safely!